Healthystuff.org released their car seat testing results in June. After reading through the test results from both healthy stuff and all the independent tests that people sent in to Duke University I concluded the Nuna Pipa would be the best infant car seat (coming to Canada soon) and Clek has the best convertibles and boosters. Based on all this information we decided to buy a Clek Fllo. I didn’t get the best deal because we had to buy it before #3 was born but I did some research for you and found the best price!
Definitely an expensive car seat but here is some justification if you need it…
Why I love the Clek Fllo:
– It is free of bromine and chlorine based flame retardants
– They use Crypton® Super Fabrics are GREENGUARD Select Certified and provide permanent protection against stains, moisture and odor-causing bacteria; and are free of brominated and chlorinated flame retardants. (Note: they make one in a non cryton fabric called drift, this one still has flame retardants)
– It’s a Canadian company!
– You can sell used car seats made after 2012 so you should be able to get back a good part of your money invested when you are done with this seat. I always find it easier to sell good quality name brand items.
The steps to get your Clek for a great deal:
1. If you are member of Ebates.ca already go to their page and log in then go to step 2. If not a member yet you need to register with ebates.ca and claim your $5 bonus. (There is both an Ebates.ca and Ebates.com, this deal only works with Ebates.ca).
2. Search for their Shop.ca link and click on it (by using ebates you will get 20% back on your car seat and earn some aeroplan miles).
3. Once on the Shop.ca site you can search for Clek, they are all on sale right now. The Fllo is the cheaper model that I bought, we are really pleased with it so far. The Foonf is also on sale and is supposed to be a really amazing seat.
4. Checkout and pay with a credit card that earns you some cash back (hopefully you can get back 1-2% here too)
Shop.ca offers Free shipping so you will just need to pay sales tax on top of the price. Here is the break down of what the seat should cost you (Regular:$ 429.99):
Current sale on Shop.ca of – 15% off = $365.49
Then take into account your 20% Ebates cashback = $292.39 (in the end you get 32% off!)
It is the time of year where most car seats are on sale as they are getting ready for next year’s models so take advantage now even if you child hasn’t quite moved into the convertible seat yet because soon enough you will be stuck paying full price!
(This post has affiliate links, thank you for your support!!)